Kent School is ready to begin a one month literacy initiative called
'For the Love of Books'.
We have a month of book-related activities scheduled, with many ways for students of all ages to read, talk, and learn about great books, great authors, and great stories. Check the bulletin board outside the library door to follow the events. A few highlights...
- Free Kids Book Swap - February 9 & 10 Drop off your books @ the school library anytime this week and watch the books pile up ! Books in = books out. Please remember to ask your parents first.
- Amazing Authors on the Web - February 6 Surf the very best author and illustrator web sites.
- VIP Readers - February 13, 15, 16 Who will it be ?
- School-wide 'Read In' - February 20 Milk + cookies too !
- Technology Petting Zoo - FVRL eBooks - February 22 Learn about ebooks and how to load them on your digital devices. Parents welcome !
- Book character dress-up day - February 24 Can you guess ?
- iPAC demo - February 27 & 28 Learn how to search the library catalogue from the school computer network and from your home computer. Parents welcome !
- Canadian author Julie Lawson visits Kent School !!! We are so excited to welcome Julie Lawson to our school, to learn about how she writes books, and have her share her stories with us. If you have copies of her books bring them along to have her sign them. We have a stack of her books in the school library for everyone to read. Read one before she comes and join in the book talk.
For the love of books - fun all February long.
Happy reading !